Crain’s Detroit Business
February 09, 2016 11:30 a.m.
A special Valentine’s Day-related roundup of local food, drink and restaurant news:
$220 for two at 220 Merrill
For the entire Valentine’s Day weekend, 220 Merrill in Birmingham will offer a special all-inclusive (with tax and gratuity) culinary experience for two for $220.
The meal features three courses, each paired with champagne, wine and an after-dinner digestif. It includes:
- Starter: Romaine wedge salad with applewood smoked bacon, heirloom tomato, house-made asiago crisps and Point Reyes blue cheese.
- Entree: Two 8-ounce Prime bone-in fillets, encrusted with Atlantic lobster tail medallions topped with a Tiger prawn. Served with a jumbo twice-baked potato and grilled asparagus.
- Dessert: Heart-shaped raspberry white chocolate cheesecake for two.
Reservations can be made by calling (248) 646-2220.
220 Merrill is at 220 E. Merrill St., Birmingham.
Bastone Brewery-Vinotecca’s special menu
Royal Oak’s Bastone Brewery and neighbor Vinotecca Wine Bar will offer a special menu for Valentine’s weekend:
- Oysters Rockefeller: Six half-shell oysters, spinach, pancetta and Pernod baked with parmesan for $14.
- Swordfish puttanesca: Fresh swordfish, citrus risotto and grilled asparagus for $24.
- Chicken en croute: Roasted chicken, herbed goat cheese, garlic cream sauce and rosemary redskin potatoes for $20.
- Vegetable curry: Char-grilled vegetables, marinated tofu, coconut curry sauce and pineapple-infused jasmine rice for $18.
- Java steak: Grass-fed fillet featuring a coffee crust, herbed polenta and asparagus Béarnaise for $28.
- Sticky toffee pudding with house-made maple pecan ice cream for $8.
Reservations can be made by calling (248) 544-6250.
The restaurants are at 419 S. Main St., Royal Oak.